Our Commitment to You
A thorough assessment of your needs and a thorough assessment of your vision can’t be rushed. We schedule 45 minutes for new adult patient vision exams to ensure we provide you with thorough care.
Harmony Vision proudly provides alternatives to glasses.
Glasses are the mainstay of modern vision care. While glasses have an important role, they are only one option and don’t solve all vision problems. There are other options available to help people achieve good vision. Our practice was created with the intention to provide you with alternatives in vision correction. This includes:
- Ortho – K Gold Coast, a non-surgical refractive treatment that is an alternative to laser eye surgery and glasses.
- Contact lenses to replace or supplement glasses for distance sight, near sight, reading glasses, bifocals, multifocals and for astigmatism.
- Contact lenses to restore sight for people with keratoconus, post-laser eye surgery and post surgical corneas. This includes mini-sclerals, hybrid lenses, rigid and soft lenses.
- Treatments for vision problems that lead to concentration difficulties, headaches, double vision and sore eyes.
- Vision training, vision therapy or accommodation-convergence therapy.
- Comprehensive visual assessments, including all aspects of eye health. We can help detect the presence of common eye conditions like dry eye, cataracts, macula degeneration, glaucoma, pterygium, and conjunctivitis.
- Vision problems related to whiplash and acquired brain injuries
Arranging an appointment to discover what alternative suits you best is easy by calling us on 5520 5900 or make a contact us request.
Many vision problems are not about seeing clearly in the distance. As you’ll discover below there is art to both finding and treating vision problems that do not affect your ability to see “20/20”
Have you ever wondered what it feels like to suffer a vision problem?
Many people suffer hidden vision problems, because they think that good vision is the same as clear sight or “20/20 vision”. Symptoms of vision problems are commonly overlooked, or attributed to some other cause, and may include:
- Headaches or sore eyes
- Slow reading
- Blurred vision
- Rereading a lot or forgetting what you’ve read
- Poor comprehension
- Tired, itchy or watery eyes
- Concentration problems
- Tiredness after computer work or reading
- Poor depth judgment
- Difficulties with 3D vision
Why is vision so important?
It is estimated that 70% of the information your brain processes is visual? So it’s easy to see why good vision must be much more than clear sight or “20/20”. For example, if you are a student, or work in an office, you probably use your vision for many hours of close work. This places great demand on visual skills, such that many, if not most computer users experience visual complaints!
We asses many important areas of your vision, including:
- Focusing (far to close)
- Eye alignment & eye teaming (convergence)
- Eye movements
- Peripheral vision
- Prescription (longsight, short sight, astigmatism etc)
- Eye health
- Visual processing
Our approach is to consider how vision must integrate with your daily behaviours, movement and other sensory inputs.
Life long vision problems = you aren’t “too old” to do something about it
Vision problems can cause difficulties with concentration that are in no way linked to intelligence or how hard you are trying. Often problems begin in school and continue to affect opportunities at work. These struggles are caused by common vision problems known as “Functional Vision Disorders”. At Harmony Vision Care, our optometrists have years of experience diagnosing and treating vision problems in adults with reading, concentration or comprehension problems.
Adults with lazy eyes or eye-turns are often under the impression that “nothing can be done” after a certain age. This is not strictly true. Early intervention in childhood is still the best, but each case is different and has to be considered on it’s own merits, with regards to individual patient goals and expectations, and this is all carefully discussed at your initial examination.
Other Unusual Visual Disturbances
Do you suffer from symptoms such as glare sensitivity, discomfort with print or patterns, disorientation in shopping aisles, difficulties with fluorescent lights, nausea or dizziness with motion in cars or escalators? These strange symptoms can be associated with a history of migraine, whiplash or brain injury, and may not be corrected by traditional glasses. Harmony Vision has the experience and technology to assess and assist with these symptoms if they are found to be linked to vision problems.
Treatments we offer
Our treatments are custom prescribed, individually for each patient’s needs and include:
- Vision therapy, vision training and accommodation-convergence therapy
- Ortho K (Clear sight without surgery, glasses or contacts)
- Precision tinted lenses for symptoms relating Visual Stress and Irlen Syndrome
- Contact lenses for nearly all regular prescriptions, but also including astigmatism, needing reading glasses, keratoconus, post corneal grafts and reshaping after laser eye surgery
- Lenses that assist symptoms related to the use of digital devices
- Visual ergonomic advice
- Advice and management for dry eye