Kid’s Eyeglasses – What Should You Look For?
What if they lose them? What if they break them? Will they be comfortable in them? Will they get used to looking through prescription lenses? What happens if they don’t wear them? And….will they like them?
At Harmony Vision, about 70% of our patients are children under 12 years old. Consequently, we have a large range of children’s glasses on the Gold Coast, with over 150 styles to choose from. When it comes to children’s glasses, our team have are experienced and have the knowledge in choosing, fitting, dispensing and adjusting them for little faces.
Everything you need to know about Kid’s Spectacles
There is no doubt that the choice of glasses can be daunting. Not only that, but advertised prices can vary greatly. But what do you get and what can you miss out on? What should you consider when choosing glasses for a child?
- Not all glasses are created equal. There is a wide range of choices in both frame and lens materials. There is nothing more precious than your child’s eyes. That’s why at Harmony Vision, we recommend tougher materials which not only allow your child to see well, but which also act to shield those precious peepers.
- Frame styles. We have over 150 styles of frames, from basic shapes, to modern styles modeled on the latest fashions.
- Durability. We have a special range of frames called “TITAN” chosen for this very purpose. Both design and material have a big influence on how strong a frame is. Our staff are only too happy to show you through our TITAN range.
- Lenses. There are two things to consider here. How will the lenses look and how will a child see through them. There is nothing worse than choosing a great looking frame, only to get it back from the lab and find it has really thick lenses. Our staff are trained to advise on lens thickness and options for thinner & lighter lenses. Secondly, lens dispensing for children can be different to adults because the way a child uses their eyes is not necessarily the same as an adult. Trust our experience to correctly fit & order lenses for children’s prescriptions.
- Warranties. We provide an extended 2 year manufacturing warranty on frames, to give you added peace of mind.
- Repairs. “The dog chewed them”, “someone stood on them”, “I just took them out and they were bent?” – we’ve heard it all before! We have a workshop and frame tools ready for all minor and some major repairs! Most importantly, don’t try to fix them at home! Repairs carried out on-site to any of our frames are provided FREE. (This is not an industry standard)
- Cleaning and maintenance. It is normal for frames to stretch and get a little out of shape over time – especially kid’s glasses. Our team offer FREE adjustments to all of our frames at any time. All glasses come with FREE cleaning spray and lens cloth, with FREE refills of cleaning spray bottles. This ensures that your child can look after their glasses (and your investment) for a long time to come. (This is not an industry standard).
- Health fund claims. Frame and lenses attract a rebate from private health insurers if you have “extras cover”. We are able to process claims electronically.
Our team are available to assist you and your child through the process of choosing & ordering glasses. No appointment is required.